If you are an avid gardener, you probably have a decent amount of garden furniture in your yard already. However, if you are looking to spruce up your backyard or want to create a more welcoming space for visitors, then here are some DIY ideas that will help you achieve just that!
Pallet Garden Bench Garden
You can make a beautiful bench for your garden using old pallets. This is an easy project that requires minimal tools, so it’s perfect for beginners.
You will need:
- 4 pallets (they should be as similar in size as possible)
- A hammer or mallet and nails (if you want to use wood glue instead of nails, use 4 clamps instead)
Furniture Diy Garden Swing
Building a garden swing is simple, but it does require some time and effort. Here’s how to do it:
- Get all the materials together. You’ll need wood and screws as well as rope or chain for hanging the swing from trees (or other structures).
- Build the frame of your swing using 2×4 lumber and brackets made out of 1x2s at each corner for attaching them together with bolts, nuts and washers. Use a drill/driver with an adjustable chuck so you can tighten them down easily once they’re in place on your frame. Make sure these are secure enough so they don’t come loose over time due to temperature changes or other factors that could cause expansion/contraction issues within your materials’ makeup–you don’t want someone falling off while sitting on this thing!
Pallet Patio Furniture Set
You will need:
- A pallet
- A saw (or a friend with a saw)
- A hammer and nails, or screws if you have them available. You can also use glue if you’re feeling fancy.
- Drill (optional but recommended) for attaching the cushions to the chairs and table legs.
- Sandpaper for smoothing out rough edges after cutting pieces of wood from the pallet, as well as any other parts that may require smoothing out before painting or staining them in some way
Wood Pallet Table Garden
- Wooden pallets (the number depends on the size of the table you want to make)
- Sandpaper or sander
- Hammer and nails (to secure the pallets together)
- Circular saw, jigsaw, or reciprocating saw (to cut the wood)
Outdoor Bench Garden Furniture
- wood (for the seat and legs)
- screws and nails to attach the seat to the legs
- saw for cutting wood to size (or you can use a jigsaw, if you have one)
How long it takes: 1 hour or less if you are experienced at building things like this. If not, then plan on spending more time on it! How much it costs: Around $30 – $60 depending on what type of wood you choose and where you buy it from.
Pallet Wood Rocking Chair
A rocking chair is a great piece of garden furniture diy to have in your garden. It adds character, and it’s very relaxing to sit on while reading or watching the kids play.
The first step is to find some pallet wood that has been discarded by the company that used it as packaging material. You can usually find these at your local recycling center if you don’t have any lying around at home already.
Once you’ve got your wood, cut out two identical pieces from it using a saw or jigsaw (depending on what type of wood yours is). These will form part of the base for your chair–you’ll need four total for this project: two bases plus two sides that attach to them later on! If possible use different colors so there’s some contrast between them when they’re put together later on; otherwise just choose whatever looks best against whatever color scheme you’re going with overall…
DIY Outdoor Water Fountain
- Water pump and hose (the length of your fountain will determine the length of these)
- 3/4″ PVC pipe (you’ll need a few joints, but you can buy them in bulk)
- Fountain basin or bowl
Tools: * Tape measurer * Utility knife * Power drill with various bits (for cutting PVC and installing fittings)
We hope that you enjoyed these ideas for your garden. It’s really important to spend time out there and enjoy the sunshine, so why not make it even better with some garden furniture diy? You can use any of these designs or come up with something even more unique!